View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
gleefan

SL - Glad you're back. Do tell us all about your trip!

Gazza - I didn't like the introductions at first either, as I struggle philosophically with labeling people. I still don't "like" it, but it's such a small part of the meeting. Keep trying different meetings. Not every meeting follows that convention. What keeps me going back are the face to face connections, the conversations, and the wisdom in AA's message.

Last night I was bone tired. I'd had a long day at work, an emotionally exhausting week at home, and I have a cold. My intellect told me to stay home and rest up. My intuition told me to go to a meeting.

I went there and saw a ton of people from the various meetings that I go to, plus other faces I hadn't met yet. I got a six month chip. There was an interesting discussion about finding a higher power. There was coffee and cookies. It felt empowering to be in a room full of people who want to live better lives.

I came home to my husband, who was drinking, and felt that I made the right decision to listen to my intuition. I carried the peace in my heard from going to the meeting til I went to bed at night. I was able to go about the business of taking care of myself while he drank.

I guess that's the long way of saying take what works and leave what doesn't!