View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
GracieLou

There is a woman that I see at the Friday meeting that I avoid like the plague. She will walk up to anyone at anytime and start babbling about herself.

Last Friday she latched on to a guy because he made the mistake of asking how she was.

She just went on and on and on. Her medical problems, her school, her program, how she threw out her shoulder in Dancercise, what medication she is taking and why she just kept talking for 15 minutes straight. The look on this guys face was priceless. His eyes glassed over and I think he was wishing, even after five years sober, that he still drank.

She is relentless. I run the other direction when I see her and if she says hi I reply hi and keep moving.

Of course it does not really matter. I have been sitting in the back table with another person having a private recovery conversation and she will walk right up and interrupt so she can show me a new bracelet or tell me about her step work. Then after ten minutes of her babbling she will apologize for interrupting and say that was rude of her and walk away.

Never stops her from doing it though. It is like she does not know simple edict at all and the apology is fake because she thinks that makes it okay to interrupt in the first place.

Take some of these suggestions and run like the wind. She will find a new victim soon enough.