View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
mpr

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
If you were like me I doubt they were 1.5oz pours. Your 5 drink may actually be closer to 10 drinks served in a bar. Again, delusions, illusions, obsessions are all lies we tell ourselves.
I can help with that, I would only buy a mickey and drink about 50-70% max of the bottle. While drunk to not tempt myself i'd pour the last couple shots down the drain. I now see I was indeed moderating there, even while intoxicated, interesting...

I think a mickey is 375ml and i'd drink roughly 188-265ml of that.

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
By returning to active drinking? I could understand if you had done tons of work and felt you no longer had an addictive mindset. However, through this work you would never be in this debate. But that would make more sense. What you are doing here is saying I have Asthma and its gotten better but I feel to test my lung capacity I am going to get dropped off on top of Everest to see how it will go without acclimating. Yes, you are going to find out but you may suffer some sever or fatal consequences in the process. The one thing for sure is you will find out for certain.

I think you know this though and that is precisely why you are asking for permission from an anonymous recovery forum to become active again.
No, no. I am not saying returning to active drinking will help me tackle my addictive personality. I was saying I need to tackle my addictive personality, period. I cannot return to drinking until I at least address my addictive personality.