View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
1stepup

Have a great break in Madrid zozo its well deserved.

Glandon- thanks, I quit on August 18th, Im on day 32 now. How did I get this far? Posting here and the support of this class has helped me immensely, also AA meetings most days have given me face to face support.

I managed 2months and 2days from May 16th to July 18th this year, had a 2week major binge then off it for a week of white knuckle enforced sobriety, then another 1week binge to finish me off. Was doing AA and posting in the May class last time so I am scared of history repeating itself, also managed around 3months over last Xmas time so I know I can't think Ive cracked it this time, the thing I cling to is Ive probably been sober longer this year longer than Ive ever been since the age of 15 and Im 33 now!!

Feel Ive learnt from where I went wrong the last times Ive slipped, isolating in life and on here were factors so making a conscious effort to post now every day if I can and share how I feel up or down (sorry for the moaning in past posts!), helps to share in AA meetings as well and not just to amuse people or make them laugh or to try to impress them, trying to share from the heart and sometimes its not easy but its getting easier.