View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
opalblue

Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post
Hey Teammates!

Just checking in. Grateful to be sober today. It keeps getting better and better. I had really vivid weird dreams last night. So wild how I can still remember every detail.

I have no big weekend plans. Excited to do a lot of biking, reading, yoga and dinner with friends. Would love to see a movie...any suggestions? What is everyone else doing for the weekend?

I have been reading "Awareness" by Anthony De Mello. A book rec from Class of August 2013. It is a powerful book that is helping me so much with self-observation - especially regarding how attached I am to other people's responses and reactions. My expectations of other people used to set me up for disappointment and depression when I really should not depend on others to be happy. I feel like I am becoming a new person. I used to care so much about what others thought of me. I still care very much about my loved ones; I just don't care what they think of me anymore. I don't care what strangers think of me anymore either. For example, I used to take it so personally if someone did not respond to my posts here on SR. Now I just think it was either not intentional or it was intentional. Either way it does not matter. If it was intentional then it is the other person's issue. I know who I am. I am a good Mom. I am a good friend. I am a good person who used to be very, very sick.

AppleKat - lots of good insight into past hosting behaviors...keep a NA drink in your hand at the party...you will do great...let them think you are preggo!

Brach - Great positive post! So glad things are much better.

London - Even your posts have a British accent. You inspire me.

Glandon - Good stuff! Thank you.

Work it sober because YOU are WORTH it #TeamAugust!
Grateful please give me a dancing banana when I reach my one month. :-)

Your book sounds fascinating. I am currently reading Emotional Intelligence by Gill Hasson. It sounds very similar to your book.