View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
opalblue

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I had an extremely vivid drinking dream last night, specific to this weekend's upcoming events. Ugh!!!

Friday night I have a girls' dinner with a few girlfriends and one high school friend who is visiting from out of town. I'm less worried about this event as I do have to drive to the dinner (sadly as that really stopped me before) but also because this is one of those almost obligatory dinners with someone you're actually not crazy about but tolerate and chat with the few times you do see them.....so I'm going to twist my thinking that night from -"I NEED to drink in order to even be around her" to - "she's not worth sabotaging my 30+ day streak over...."

Saturday night, however, we are hosting MIL's surprise 60th birthday party. I had originally timed it to be a lunch event so we didn't have to serve alcohol but majority of people couldn't make it so now it's a dinner event. Anyway, in the past I would be sucking back wine just to get ready for the party (I've done some of my best cleaning with a wine glass nearby) and then probably go to bed at 2 AM Friday night and feel hungover Saturday but get back to prepping and then around 1/2 pour my first glass and sip all the way through getting dressed and ready for the party and then act loopy and "off" in front of guests and oh yeah forget to eat anything.....sigh.

For this one I'm going to try to separate myself from the "hosting" role and pass that off to hubby and sister in law so that for the actual party I just be "Mom" and focus on my kiddos.

I'll be checking in here, lots!!
Wow. The number if times I drank at a party and forgot to eat...cannot count it
Good attitude Apple. That's what I call taking control of the situation