View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thatdeliveryguy

Feeling like a winner even when I lose

I am not so far into recovery, but I've realized something. Sobriety can be painstaking horrific task, or sobriety can be an adventure and a newness everyday.

My dozen tries ( actually it was more in the last 8 months) I always and did feel sorry for myself. I had another tinge of that the other day, but mostly I am trying to remain positive, I think about all the things I want, and how I am going to achieve them.

I am having financial issues right now, actually I am 16 days late on rent, and because I didn't get day labor today ( sat 2 hours wishing for a min wage job at 5 am this morning0 I am going to miss my mark. However, I've realized I am sober, I am not smoking, and no matter what I am not digging a deeper grave anymore. Such an awesome sensation, sorry if I've been overly positive lately, but I am trying to live life like a gratitude list. I have to be grateful and look forward, I will not allow negative thoughts or temptation to get to me again.

I am purposely trying to become an auto-matron for the positive, I told myself this at the beginning of the week, it was going to be my theme and no matter what that is what I want.

Sorry my morning potifications of nothingness, have a good day all, sobriety is worth it, and I just want to add my 2 cents a positive outlook and look forward is working wonders for me. Good day folks.