View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
leviathan

mpr, I have not read your previous posts, so my questions are: why 7yrs? that's a seriously awesome amt. of sober time! that took commitment im guessing... something made you invest in the sober path.

speaking from my paltry 7 months-I considered myself to have a pretty good palette for craft beer and good wine. I homebrewed beers I was proud of. if I allow myself to fantasize about moderate drinking to "appreciate" the nuances of flavor, I ultimately continue to the flavor of the buzz. theres where the truth is for me. that's what I miss. and I don't approach that buzz in a half-assed way. LOL!

so when I think of moderation exercises, I think about risk analysis. would it be worth any of the pain I went through to enjoy the flavor of a beverage? NO. ill just go down to the store and pick up some kind of crazy soda or make something myself. I can still savor. in fact I do that better when im not anesthetized.

I really wish you all the luck. continue to be honest with yourself, and choose whatever ends up making your life better.