View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
jdooner

Originally Posted by mpr View Post
You hit the nail on the head.

I get a little addicted to many of the things I do, healthy or otherwise.

I got sober quick and good, a bit too good! I didn't explore other avenues, moderation etc.. Now 7 years good and sober the "what ifs" kick in like you said. If I tried moderation and failed I wouldn't be questioning now.

I would say 95% if I tried alcohol and saw old symptoms I would drop it like a bad habit. The chance of spiraling downhill I would say is slim. Some things are best left alone though.

I will take it day by day and evaluate things. For all I know by the end of the month I will have no feeling to attempt moderation again. I will wait and see.

For now I am still 7 years sober(from alcohol) and overall happy
If I am correct you will not be successful though. While it might be what you think you need to get your resolve, realize you are playing Russian Roulette. If I am correct in terms of trading addictions then your addictions are alive and well just bubbling under the surface. This will mean a quick and likely violent trip to alcohol abuse. One that you might not be able to come back from - the risk. Again this might be your path but it is not destined. You don't have to go down this path.

Whatever your decision I hope you find what you need in it though.