View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Croissant

Originally Posted by mpr View Post

It sounds very cliche, and any reason I provide really just sounds like a alki looking for justification - may be on a slight level but even if it were not it still comes across as such. All of us on this forum have the scarlet letter so to speak. The odds are against us if I will keep this thread updated if there is anything to update. The sad part is if I have a drink and feel fine, I know many will just say 1 month, 6 months etc.. I don't think that is cool but I understand at the same time to stay on track themselves many have to persecute out of reflex alone. Whereas I personally would be happy for the person and wish them the best. That being said many on here are great as well and am thankful for all of them as they helped me get sober.
The reality is this is a support site for people who want to stay sober. People offer their opinions (wanted or not), because ultimately, most don't want to see you pissaway your sober time down the drain and regret it.

Personally, you might not "think that is cool", but I'm damn glad people take the time to share generously when people start threads about contemplating drinking.