View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
silentrun
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by desypete View Post
dont really know how you can apply to die while alive to kids who die ? this is the acid test i put to all these things or sayings these days and when i try to understand the point its trying to make then it becomes a non starter when i think of kids dying who never have a chance to do anything wrong in life etc
I have been around here and know what your boy went through. I can't say enough how sorry I am for him, you, his siblings, his friends, his teachers and everyone who loved him. But...what is it you need to hear from other people? I ask this sincerely as someone I know just lost a child. I can't understand. You say that people ignore suffering if it doesn't fit in with their worldview. That's not true. I know it exist but also haven't experienced it at your level. The thing is what can I do about it? The whole world can't go around stuck in despair because bad things happen. Some of it is in human control yes, some of it is not. I can control how I act and react that's about it from where I sit.

PS the term "wisdom hunt" made me laugh