Thread: Stressed
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ilovemysonjj

Katie, my son has two felonies on his record, both times we pressed charges and all I can say is that if you ignore the issue and do NOT press charges, his experience will be that you are okay with him taking things that are not his, regardless of the consequences. I didnt see/hear from my son after he broke into our home in May 2012 for almost 4 months! He finally got caught and then plead guilty. I feel that the first step in our reconciliation was JJ admitting he did something worthy of a criminal charge and then going to jail over it. Of course it hurts that he has to be challenged with having these felonies on his record, but it is far better than living in fear that he would be shot trying to steal from someone else OR worse, overdose. You can still press charges and decide before the court date to work with the DA for some kind of rehab option? That helped us as well since we were the victims, we were able to determine somewhat the court's options. PS: we let JJ back home AGAIN after his second rehab, he relapsed, and took a few small items from the house. He is OUT and I cannot allow him back in. The pattern is WAY too easy for him to repeat. He now has 4 months clean on 9-25.