View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Cecilia44

thisibelieve,

I have felt as you have and I am only on Day Two sober. I know how it feels like you don't "fit in" at an AA meeting, but have you ever thought that maybe there are others there that feel the same way as you? If you read the posts on this site, a lot of people will say they "finally mustered up the courage to go to AA." That to me tells me that a lot of people feel uncomfortable.

If you still have trouble going to an AA meeting (I do not go to one now ... yet, by the way), there are AA meetings on-line. Do a Google search and you will find plenty and it will help give you the first step in knowing more about AA without having to be there in person. I have a chat room I visit regularly.

However, as someone else posted, AA is not for everyone and I don't think it has to be. Just because it seems like it is the "only thing out there," doesn't make it so. There are many other resources to help you in your journey, including this one. So make good use of this forum by posting and helping others by posting on their threads too.

I am alone as well (except my pets) and I am over 40 so I can relate feeling like you have no support. But you do have support here. There are many of us in your same situation. I welcome you and I know you can make it through today. Please keep posting.