View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
DG0409

Sugarbear- Things that helped me included drinking a lot of water, keeping something around for the oral fixation- gum, hard candy, I loved tangerine altoids for a while. Making a list of reasons why I wanted to quit helped me remember what I was doing it for anyway. Be willing to take it easy on yourself- stressed about dinner? Order a pizza? Stressed about chores? Just don't try to tackle them just yet.

Getting out and doing something physical helps too- a long walk, some yoga, a bike ride, etc.

I'm thinking you quit alcohol some time ago? The techniques you used for that may be helpful here too.

And try not to psych yourself out too much. I think the hardest thing about quitting smoking was overcoming my fear about it. I thought that life would be impossible without a cigarette. Turns out I was just fine without them though.

Just take little chunks at a time. Focus on making it through one hour at a time. You'll get there. And you'll be so proud of yourself when you crawl into bed tonight knowing you didn't smoke.

On that note, 24 more for me.