View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 10:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ashamed2day

Originally Posted by Brindie View Post
Hi there, in answer to your question, I left early one morning with a few bags, no warning, I just left a note. So there was no discussion, just as sudden as that, and he hit rock bottom pretty much straight away and was admitted to detox. Has since been doing AA and is 6 months sober, I believe. Didn't change his spots, though! Before I left, he never made a serious attempt to discuss the problem or make a change. His behaviour was getting more violent so I just quit while I was ahead. I knew that otherwise nothing would ever change. That was the only way I could set some strict boundaries - no contact now for 7 months and we only communicate through lawyers.
Brindie- I'm sorry I just saw this. You are very strong. I wish I could just move away and start over.

I am very upset with myself he did exactly what alot of the friends said would happen. I fell for it. He declared he was ready for a change. I thought wow he hit rock bottom. I keep in my mind actions speak louder than words .
He started coming over for a few days and then bam gone again.

I am very angry at myself thinking wow maybe he could beat the odds but I am so stupid.