View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 06:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
2dayzmuse
Paused

It is great isn't it? Wow, who knew life could be so great? Looking back, I don't know why I chose to live my life in misery. It is a choice. I believe so. Never having any stability or sensibility, what a nightmare I was living. And to think I was the one creating all my drama and misery. I used to sit back and point my finger in blame. Never pointing it in my direction. It was never me, always someone else causing me difficulties. Of course, most can relate to that.

Thank God I woke up and entered reality. I like where I'm at and who I am today. I'll work on continuing to grow and enjoying life as it's meant to be. I never considered life a pleasarable place to be. Only a burden full of disappointments and heartache. Boy, was I ever wrong. A new attitude can make the difference between unhappiness and contentment. I never thought I was entitled to happiness. That was reserved for others more fortunate then myself.

It was right there in front of me the whole time. I had to hurt badly enough to realize I had to make the choice between pain and happiness. What a fool I was. To many wasted years...what a shame. I can't go back and change things, but I can move ahead. No sense in regretting the past. It is a vivid reminder of where I don't want to be.

My disease made me choose unhappiness. Giving up foul tasting and smelling wine shouldn't have been such a difficult decision to make. Blah, can't say where I miss the taste of rutabagas. Maybe in vegetable form, but never in liquid form. If you know my history at all, you'll understand what I meant by that statement.

Thanks for the support all. I love this place. To those of you still suffering, never give up hope. If I can quit so can you. I was a pitiful drunk, no doubt. Life is better than I ever imagined it to be. I can finally appreciate the little things in life. What a gift. I can't wait to get back up and running to catch up on everyone and everything. I hate missing out on sharing with you all. I find great joy and comfort in SR and from all of you. Take care and have a great 24. Love ya...

LeAnne