Old 09-14-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Anita1234

Why can't he see what he's doing to our marriage?

I was encouraged to post here after sharing for the first time about my husband who is verbally abusive and addicted to pot. I moved out right before our 2 year anniversary bc his verbal abuse and pot use was out of control. It baffles me that the man I love so much would choose pot over our marriage. I guess I didn't realize how bad the addiction truly was until I asked him to stop and gave him the ultimatum of stopping the verbal abuse and pot or I would move out. It kills me that he doesn't think he's addicted. I have tried to ask his family for support with this and they don't want to help or face the issue. It seems that they're also afraid of his anger. He's not willing to change. Will he ever see the light? I'm realizing that this is not fixable. His last comment to me was that he would resent me for life for making him give up something that he loved and that it's over bc I'm not trustworthy bc I finally shared what he was doing to me with my family after 2 years of silence. Has anyone experienced a similar situation with a spouse? Thank you.