View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Avice

Wow. So many Day 1s lately. I agree with Neverthought - you just have to ride it out. You're going to feel discomfort or even pain, but it's bearable if you take it second by second. The hardest thing for me was wondering how long it would take to pass. Not a good strategy...that wondering part. When I stopped projecting into the future it got easier.

Inflagrante. My Mom was an angry drunk too. She can't remember a lot of the things she did to me while drunk, as a matter of fact. They only recently discovered (because I told them) that the paint around the frame of the bathroom door is cracked because she tried to break the door down to get at me when she was hammered and enraged. I have a hard time trusting people too.
I read on one of your other posts that you're thinking about moving away from your isolated spot in Mexico. Might not be a bad idea. I lived on a small and isolated island once, and that was probably when my drinking hit an all time high (and I became agoraphobic). It was terrible. Awful memories. As beautiful as it was, I knew I had to leave and I knew I had to get professional help. It was the right decision for me.

ANewDayNYC. Visiting your parents sounds like a really good idea. AA also sounds like a good idea. You strike me as a person who needs to socialize.

Pretend3r. Congratulations to you!

safeandsound. To answer your question about being hungry - absolutely. It took a few days, but yes. I'm trying to cram as many vitamins into my system as possible via healthy food (esp. potassium and the B vitamins), but I also made myself a 5 layer Jello thingy and bought some ice cream to go with it. I've been eating about twice the amount I would normally eat, but I've lost weight.

NotSoIvory. If it's possible, try recording yourself on a webcam today. Or take a picture. After 1 week take another one and compare. I did that, and seeing the change really helped me. I can't wait to take the next one at 30 days.

So. I'm feeling good today. Even though it's that time of the month (yes, I have cheesecake), I'm feeling...well, not jumping up and down happy, but GOOD. I'm OK. I'm drinking Chai tea with milk and dark hot chocolate mix (yes, it is as good as it sounds), and it's so great to be satisfied with that and not consumed by thoughts of the liquor store. I'm feeling fine, and that is really, REALLY nice.