Old 09-14-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Hmm now you got me interested in this show. I've always been very interested in how and why things fit together, and why we perceive harmonious combinations attractive. What you said about "contrast" - that also, we often (and some people more than others) are drawn to opposites, contrast, or dissonance (although I would not say they are the same thing).

How are we drawn to certain songs - what do we sense in them automatically and unconsciously - I think it has a lot of similarities with how we are interested in certain people, what we sense and perceive naturally.

How the components fit into a whole, the relationship between the elements, how we perceive them as a "big picture" or unity. The connections. Why are we interested in discussing human relationships often even without being directly involved in them?

There are definitely universal patterns and truths behind all these things in art, in human nature, in nature in general, in the cosmos. Ah, I could go on about this topic forever but I'm not expressing it well just out of the blue now even though there is hardly a day when I don't think about some forms of all this or just discover a new manifestation of it.

Thanks, EG