View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Neverthought

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
Neverthought--so many things you said helped me get through yesterday and today. Thank you. Congrats on 20 days!
Thanks deanyya.

And thank you for the update SAS. You made my day! We're proud of you. We all know very well that day (1) can be brutal.

You mention about the happiness wearing off. I know the feeling.

Although, I look at it this way and I believe it's a similar experience for others.

The first few weeks I'm on a natural high and feelings of joy bubble out of me without effort. It's as if our body and mind are thanking us. Then it sort of gets intertwined with doubt and our addictive voice. But what I've learned and try to keep in mind is, that it's just the next stage to begin soul searching again, and dig-down and find the rest of happiness that has been suppressed. Plus, it distracts our AV. Ultimately, it's all there, we just have to find it and reach for it and let it out. In my early stages I often flash back to memories going back 20-30 years and I just take a deep breath and smile. It's a nice feeling. It's unfortunately that I have this addiction, but I'm/we're fortunate to have enough strength to fight it.

So, let's all reach for it class, it's there.

Hang in there and Stay Strong Septemberites....