Old 09-14-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Now We're Cookin' With Gas...

Altoids ~

Re: the Cooktop, we went through this 'Good Ole Boy' Appliance Store in W. Colorado with 50 years of Sales/Service under their Belts. They educated us on how those 'Starfish'-shaped Burners put heat under the center of any Cookware, too. Vs. a circular Burner. Made sense.

We re-jetted this Cooktop to compensate for 'hotter' Propane; a necessity off-Grid. I kinda recall the Center Burner is 17,500 BTUs or so. Good enough for my 'Guy Cooking'. Easy cleanup, too. No seams in the Stainless Steel. That Pic is several years old, so this Cooktop has gotten a workout since then. Zero issues.

Design Alert: When you get up into the big 'Wolf' and other Pro Cooktops, you sometimes have to space the Cooktop/Stove further from Flammables like Cabinets. Also, they can require double Drywall on the adjacent Walls as Firestop. My original saying: 'Never confuse Building Codes with Logic'.

It's the ole 'Be Careful What You Wish For'. Do your Due Diligence on Cooktops, since what we see on the Cooking Shows can have ancillary requirements that make retrofits more daunting. Some high BTU Cooktops can also require larger diameter Gas Pipe Plumbing than what pre-exists in a Wall.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled Sunday Morning Sobriety...

Music Video Link

'How D'Ya Like Your Eggs In The Morning'? ~ Dean Martin & Helen O'Connell

------