View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
LadyinBC
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by Avice View Post
I know that the job is stressful, but poverty is stressful too..
I work in a call centre, but the bonus for me is I do it at home. Personally I find the job is only as stressful as I make it out to be.

I deal with whiny customers, having to meet ridiculous metrics, having to upsell to people that can't even afford the services they have now and the list goes on.

With that being said, I actually do like it. Even the people that yell and scream at me, pretty hard to get upset when I'm sitting in my yoga pants. At the end of the day these are just cell phones and I've come to the conclusion that the ones that get upset just want free service and free phones. The bonus is that as long as I have done all I can for them, I can pass them off to someone else because I don't have the authority to give you a free phone.

I don't get great pay, however, I don't have overhead either or have to travel. The most important part about this job I have found is you can't take what people say personally or get drawn into an argument. And you have to have patience. Sometimes I know that I am right, but at the end of the day I don't have to have the last word.

I'm not saying it is perfect everyday, some days these customers annoy me to no end and I have to really bit my tongue! The bonus for me is when I get a senior, god bless them, they always make my night!