View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
FourSeasons

Originally Posted by Avice View Post
FourSeasons - they offer quite a bit more than minimum wage, but no benefits. Career advancement? I have yet to find out. I have no university or college degree and I wouldn't expect to get 'all the perks' - especially with the economy being in this state.

Besides, I don't really care about anything but making music, and we all know how much musicians make...
Hey Avice! OK, then I say you should go for it. The one thing I ask is that you never say, while you employed as a call center service representative, "I am sorry for... X..." to the unhappy folks calling you on the phone.

Rather, as a consumer of many services that operate call-centers, I would much prefer to hear from a call center operator the following, "On behalf of 'Company Name', I am sorry you are experiencing 'X'.

I really dislike hearing innocent call center operators personally apologize for something that is totally not their fault and completely out of their control...

Maybe I am just venting because I am just coming out of a really bad Comcast experience...

I dunno... though I do believe call center operators should never personally apologize on behalf of their employers.

Enough said! I wish you much happiness, Avice!!! xoxo