Old 09-12-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by SoberComposer
I guess the odd thing about my situation is that this has not been a struggle and I am much happier than before.
Doesn't seem odd to me at all. That's exactly how I felt when I quit for the last time. I went to AA after treatment to comply with my treatment and my family's wishes, but I did not "need" it. I already knew I was done. I knew it deeply and completely, in a way that I can't explain in words.

The unsolicited advice from members, many who definitely did not have what I wanted, became very tedious for me. I expected as much though, as I had been involved in the program in one form or another since childhood. I met my obligation, then I stopped going.

If you want to go for fellowship, go and do things your way. You have every right to go to meetings and be involved on whatever level you wish. If not, don't. It's been over seven years since I became a nondrinker, and over six years since I've attended meetings. Happily alcohol free, now and always.

Wishing you the best!