Old 09-12-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

SoberComposer,

It is evident by your posts, you are pretty well grounded. It makes sense to examine programs that will work for you.

I do attend AA and did indeed attend in excess of 90 meetings in 90 days. For me, after years of attempting to quit on my own with no support ( hadn't found SR! ) I was never able to get much sobriety. That stated, I am less than 4 months. But, for me that is miraculous as the obsession of the mind is removed - today. 90/90 was simply to get ingrain in me better habits immediately = replace bar time!

Like Dee stated, there are many different ways to reach the objective of happiness in sobriety.

If I were deluged with a barrage of pushy AA members, I probably would have run. There's a great speaker name Earl Hightower you may want to check out on youtube. In 60 minutes of his story, and gallows humor you will get a crash course with a delivery that is classic of the what is AA all about - IMO.

What I identify with in AA is a method that work for me to remove the obsession of the mind to drink and become sober. The steps give me tools to be comfortable in my sobriety. This was foundational to me in terms of WHY I drank. I need coping mechanisms that normal people seem to be born with. Not me.....

It is a spiritual journey with life altering results - even at 96 days - for agnostics/atheists and those of us that come to know God.

That's all I will say, don't want to be like the guys in the room throwing books at ya - Duck!!

peace