Old 09-12-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SoberComposer

Thank you very much for everyones experience and wisdom! I am starting to learn that it will be beneficial if I find someone I feel comfortable with. I would like that one day if I could find someone like that but have to know them. Im not into bringing strangers into my life because they want to save me from myself. Sounds so backwards but I do understand it. I know thay were trying to help me and I recognized rhat and was very kind and honest about how I felt. Truth is, about 5 years ago I stopped going to meetings at around day 24 because I was just tired of it (also much younger and naive) and the differences between me and them convinced me I must not be an alcoholic. I now know that I am. So.. I will be receptive to getting to know some people and possibly giving it a chance. My concerns or pride come far after not drinking though. I will do what is nessesary but definitly dont want a creepy situation now that I am sober and vunerable. I will take it slowly and continue to go and hope that they respect my own path. I don't "buy" into popular trends so it will have to take some wading in the shallow waters before I jump in. At the very least I have to know the person and feel comfortable before I invite them into my personal life.

Thank you so much for the advise and education! I greatly appreciate it!

-M