View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
doureallycare2

Hi, hope you don't mind my crashing your thread but just had to give my two sense . Even though I'm not much of a drinker, I too am making critical life changes at the age of 54. Having to acknowledge my co-dependence and the problems I am facing because of my addiction has been very painful.

I wanted to share something my therapist shared with me. He said that I'm right at the critical age "54" of discovery and change. He said it used to be what was wrongly labeled as a midlife crises.

But what you correctly have is people that have lived long enough (usually between 44-55 years) that are willing to take a long hard look about their life choices and make positive changes to implement a healthier them.

He said that it doesn't generally happen younger then that because the haven't lived enough life and it generally doesn't happen older then that because they have justified and excused their behavior right through these reflective years and get to complacent to want to make the hard changes.

So My friends, We are right on tract to making better and healthier life's for our selves!! keep up the good fight.. Your worth it!!