Old 09-12-2014, 01:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
whalebelow2

Having been rather cocksure of my abilities to conquer booze and sort out all my life's problems, I thought my life would automatically improve by simply putting down the booze.

The first year was actually pretty good, as I was just so very very relieved to not be drinking for any length of time.

But like a hand full of sand, it slowly slipped away.

I'm back for a second run in AA, this time I am working the steps with a sponsor.

OH MY GOD.... What a difference.

It still isn't "easy" but it is so much easier than the first run in AA, which I thought at the time was pretty good, but with hindsight.... It's like a meal cooked by Jamie Oliver vs McDonald's.

If all anyone ever ate was that crap, and refused all else, they simply would never know what was on offer.

Maybe try and look at like that.

Those guys have found a recipe book and can teach you how to cook.

Maybe the reason they are quite excited about the book and want you to have one is, they ate a lot of McDonald's before learning some decent recipes.

I'm sorry, but it is funny watching and listening people in AA make all the excuses in the world and have all the suspicions as to why someone is trying to foist this on them.

It's funny, because I was one of those people too