View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ANewDayNYC

Thanks Dee - I really appreciate the post. There is an AA group that meets near me tomorrow, so I think I should try that just to break the cycle . I also wrote my reasons not to drink as a reminder.

-
Reasons Not To Drink
1-When I drink on weekends – the next morning I usually feel depressed, miserable, and hungover. I also tend to sleep late and waste most of the day.
2-When I drink, I often feel there isn’t enough time to do anything.
3- Drinking completely sabotages my fitness goals.
4-Drinking is expensive and I could spend this money on practical/positive things.
5-Drinking and having difficulty staying sober indicates a problem. It would be better off not being dependent on a substance, especially one that tends to be progressive.
6- When I drink, I have the tendency to lose things (eg. Cellphones, jackets, etc). Sometime if I drink too much I will get stains on my dress shirts which destroys them.
7- My reasons to drink are mostly nonsense. When I say drinking is the way I meet new people – the reality is there are plenty ways to meet new people doing sober activities (eg. Sports leagues, community service, etc).
8 – Drinking isn’t sustainable and it puts me on a pathway that I know is wrong. Do I want to be in this same position 5 years from now? 10 years from now? It would be better off to build a life.
9 – Drinking has strained some of my relationships with people, and when I remain sober things are much better.
10 – Drinking will cause health issues long term.