Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dude1

hello

Hey guys.
Been drinking pretty much daily for the past 20 years or so (I'm in my low 40s).
Nothing too crazy - couple of drinks after work then few more before/with dinner on weekdays, then at least a 6-pack and some shots on Saturdays and Sundays.
Out to catch the game at the bar once a week or so - few beers + shots.
Going "heavier" 3-4 times a month when getting together with my drinking buddies - beers, shots and so on.
So again, not getting drunk every day but getting some buzz on a daily basis and then getting loaded 3-4 times a month.
Decided to taper it down about a week ago. Down to 1-2 shots of whisky or 2 beers per day with dinner for a few days now. It's going surprisingly well in terms of me craving booze and so on (I mean I do want more but I can control the craving).
What did surprise me is the withdrawal symptoms which is how I found this site. Sleep cycle is definitely affected as I'm going to bed without as much as a slightest buzz. Getting up to go the bathroom at night at least once. Feeling dizzy after my daily walk. Cold/slightly shaky hands. Etc.
So I figured I'll share my story with all you ladies and gentlemen since I came across this place and read some good info on here