Thread: Totally exposed
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
OGK

Wow.....update. Boundaries and an understanding with respect were voiced and accepted by the more "rational"/step of the two MILS. Real MIL became "kick the can down the road" party and my wife was just not ready to tell her she would speak to her when ready. So.....I must admit....I stewed. Anyway, she only texts me to see the kids and asks permission. She couldn't commit to time so I said I will try and be sure they are here, just call. Sure enough, she texts a few hours later.....I'm on my way! Kids just left, sorry, they will be back in a couple hours. 5 minutes later, car barrels up driveway, she flings open the door and throws a bag of whipped cream and a 10lb bucket of ice cream across the floor and says.....I DEMAND TO KNOW WHY YOU ARE HIDING MY GRANDCHILDREN FROM ME!!!. She caught me at a pretty stressful moment and I let her have it. Who knew that telling a 68 year old woman to be an adult would make someone go wire coat hanger crazy? Anyway, she is not allowed back, I took it upon myself to make the decision. Unfortunately while I screamed at her, our kids came back from play date and heard me yelling. Of course, my fault for being mean and I MADE her go......crushes me, makes me revert to Less Than in a heart beat. Good news though, my 8 year old and I had a very good discussion and it made sense to him as to why I was angry and he knows it doesn't have anything to do with him or his brother or me for that matter....kinda not me. So, to show us she is an adult, she canceled her cell phone, which we pay for and stuck us with a $300 cancel fee......I can't make this crap up....life on life's terms.....gotta love it even though I hate it