View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Dollyangel17

Welcome Sky!

Congrats on 15 days, and so glad you are joining us. I am mom to a 7 year old daughter, and I knew for a while I was an alcoholic...after all, it's difficult to deny that fact when you find yourself drinking a nip if brandy in the bathroom stall at work!:-(.

Of course me realizing I was an alcoholic didn't immediately translate into me quitting. My drinking was done primarily at home, so not many knew the extent, except my husband and he never complained it said a word about my drinking.

It wasn't until the one night he finally did confront me, and voice his concerns, that I finally quit. I knew that day was coming, and I almost welcomed it. It had gotten to the point that I no longer "enjoyed" drinking, and was partly relieved I would finally be "forced" to quit.

Anyway, that was April 29, 2013, and I haven't had a drink since.

I too struggled with feelings if guilt over my poor decisions and how they affected my family..especially my daughter. I can tell you it does get better with time. I don't have those feelings very much anymore. Although I do occasionally recall something I did drinking, an cringe a bit, for the most part I am now so happy with my life and proud of the mom I really am sans the alcohol!

Anyway...feel free to post often...someone here is usually here to listen, and feel free to PM me with anything too.

Welcome again!:-)