Old 09-11-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Arrow Can you hear it – Weekender Thread - Sept 12 -14

Imagine how you would feel if you knew for a fact that you’ll never drink/use again, that your addiction is already ended, and you’re free at last!

Notice your mixed feelings? Well at least I have some if you don’t.

I feel exhilarated and free!!!

I also feel a sinking feeling and a fear. Fear that something I have known for so long won’t ever be part of my life again.

That sinking feeling is my beast. My addictive voice or AV.

That sense of liberation. Of relief. That’s me. That’s the real me.

That's an exercise from a popular recovery program that always makes me see the line often blurred when I want a drink. I have learned to hear that distinction and know I am being played for a fool.

But… Since this is the safe haven of the weekender thread where the focus is on the camaraderie and a program of weekend adventures in ice cream, bacon, travel, gardening, music and the activities of a sober life gone right, I refrain from outright “program” type conversation.

But I want to point out that our addictive voice can be a bugger. Maybe focus on trying to hear when that voice is doing the talking or when you are doing the talking.

So are you ready? Can you hear it? *Ring Ring* !!!!

All aboard!!! Sober buses are lined up for you to jump on. Room for all. Cowabunga on the roof for some!

Welcome to your sober weekend!