View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ESD907

Hi Inflagrante. My husband is doing similar now. He complains almost daily about it, when I say, enough is enough, time to find something local he says, but I only have to do this for 4.7 more years and we will have a very nice early retirement, can help the kids get homes, etc etc. We went into this as educated as we could, But saying and doing are 2 completely different things. He wanes/waxes on this. He is only home approx 2 weeks every 2-3 months. Currently in UAE. We also panicked a few years ago,and it sort of 'forced' our hands also, I understand making lifelong decisions based on money (usually the lack of). I say status quo, because making a decision now, might be bad. You are in new home and country, loads of adjustment. You sound super organized. My opinion: set a firm(95%) schedule for yourself. And ensure you do something for 1 hour a day you enjoy. Forget the 'diet' for now, since thats where you were aiming anyway. You've too much on plate to worry about making fresh veggies constantly. Maybe add that when you settle into routine. Your housekeeper cooks right? Take one thing out of your domain, let someone else to that. You stick to your plan and take care of yourself. IF you decide a change of action, plan it out very carefully. Always remember why you did what you did in the first place. Infl, you know I"m wordy, does this make sense? hope so.