Old 09-09-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
liv1ce

I believe that there is a possibility that there is a difference amongst us in that some can actually carry on a relationship with one substance and control themselves while being unable with another. But not me or anyone else I have personally met who has the type of problem known as addiction. That would be me.

For me, I will do ANYTHING that will get me high. Pot was put on this earth for me and I have proven that I can smoke it every day all day for years and stay alive, work, eat, sleep, make love, count, add, play sports and on and on. I just can't stop smoking it.

I can do the same things on oxy, hydros, tramadol and alcohol. I just can't stop.

I will and have gotten involved in virtually anything that will get me high, get me that little sidestep from life that allows me to look at things from a different angle or with a different attitude.

Anywhere, anytime, anyhow.

I just can't stop.

Sobriety, however, is the only answer for me to live a life that is honest and free and cannot involve any of those things that I crave - ever.

Sobriety is something, however, that I have proven time and again I AM able to stop.
I can be sober for years and stop at the drop of a hat and then stop being sober for years. It is so easy to stop being sober that I cannot mess with it.