Thread: Loser alert
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
soberjuly

Loser alert

And that would be me. I didn't make 2 months. I was totally fine all day. No real triggers. Ended up with 3 drop-offs as in I drove all 3 kids at separate times to school which was annoying and may have triggered me in the past. One kid had band practice which was fine but then I should have made 2 trips, but my youngest was refusing to go to school so I had to take #2 kid to school and when I returned my husband said she was okay to go to school. I drove her and then came home and my husband was still home which was annoying because he could have driven at least one kid.

Anyhow, was totally fine, went the health food store Trader Joes. The thing about TJs is that they have a big wine section and people, I mean every single person in every line I saw was buying wine. Some by the crate. Most had 3-4 bottles. I got one. I didn't think I could moderate. I didn't think it was right. I just wanted to see what would happen. I didn't even have any until quite late in the evening.

Anyhow, I woke at 3am. My husband only needs about 5 hours of sleep, he was up and asked why I was up. I said "because I drank alcohol, I wanted to see how I would feel and I feel awful." He said "well I hope you don't make this a regular thing." I said "No, I just have a new sobriety date."

I have no cravings today and I love my sleep. I want to have a good night's sleep tonight, there is no way I would drink any alcohol. I was actually surprised one bottle of wine did me in. It really did.

I must have fallen asleep again because I had a very real dream. I didn't realize I was dreaming. I woke up and was getting ready in the morning and I heard a crack and a tooth fell out. Then another. As I was trying to go about my morning routine, my teeth kept falling out until I had about 8-9 in my pocket. Then I woke up and it was 5:30am. I was so relieved it had been a dream. Never had a dream like that before.

The only other thing is, this year, I have had an unusual fear of 9/11. On 9/11/01, I was in my flight attendant uniform, in my hotel room, the news was on. Bryant Gumbel was talking about a plane that crashed into a building and how perhaps the equipment failed. I remember thinking that makes no sense because a pilot can see out the window. I was watching the TV when the 2nd plane hit.

I went downstairs to meet my crew to take the shuttle to Orlando Airport. I was on the last day of a 4-day 757 trip. Then all US airports were shut down. I was stuck in Orlando for 6 days. Then, for 2 days, we moved to a hotel inside Orlando Airport. Then we worked a flight to Minneapolis and I was suppose to be free once it landed but they a-carded me which means they gave me another trip while I was in flight, which they can do. So many flight attendants were calling in sick or refusing to fly that they were allowing off-duty FAs in street clothes work flights. My son was 10-months old. I really wanted to go home.

I hope this 9/11 comes and goes without incident. I am making a care package to send to the soldier I adopted in Afghanistan, my daughter is doing the same for the soldier she adopted in Afghanistan. My son for the sailor he adopted on the USS George Bush. I hope everyone is safe and sober.