View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ardy

Originally Posted by heartcore View Post
Facinating... I do believe in the purification powers of the burning sage, but would be beyond confused if it were burned in a 12 step meeting.

I've attended meetings in many geographic locations, and I love it that they are all so very different.

Remember - you choose your home group, and then - by participating in business meetings - you have a vote as the group conscience of that group. The decision to burn sage in meetings (which does suggest the rituals of a certain belief system/spiritual tradition) is one which the group conscience has agreed upon.

We are able to have gatherings in our "non-meeting private time" too, with like-minded friends that we find in 12 step meetings. I lean toward sageing at those sort of non-official gatherings, rather than in an official meeting in which it very well might make some people uncomfortable.

I also wonder about the smoke - some people are highly sensitive to smoke and it would make them physically uncomfortable in the rooms.
mmm you know I have never been that aware of the smoke in the room.. just thought of that .. it has just such a claming effect over groups and individual people... even in my house the smoke is there but not alot of it.. doesn't make the smoke detector have problems wowo.. never thougth of it before... mmmm