Old 09-06-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Well, I asked him if he thought it was my fault for not answering her phone call that night. He says no way. He assured me it wasn't my fault.

I've asked him directly why he doesn't want us down, and it's either due to his "cold" or "the weather." He has had that same cold for years. Gimme a break. Lol. That cold was always his big whine for attention. I know him well, trust me.

The thing is, Soberlicious, I am actually the one in the family known for being direct. Again, lol. My grandfather calls it being harsh or abrasive. I've not been harsh or abrasive in any way to them. I just see through the ********. Always have. And that's why they don't want communication with me, because they don't trust me enough not to call it like I see it to their faces. It's also probably why I left the town and refused to move back. I'd had enough of the abusive treatment.

Dementia is a possibility. But he seems just as sharp as ever, so I have no reason to think it's dementia yet. He is aging and looks much older than just five or ten years ago. I'm sure the aging could have a lot to do with this. Maybe he has no tolerance at all anymore.

Honestly, I have no desire really to see him. I only feel obligation. With that family, it was always about a guilt trip. I was guilted into visiting. Always.

Maybe it's time to part ways.

It's just a tough pill to swallow... the same guy who berated me for things most of my life is now ignoring the hell out of me when I finally get my **** together. Figures.