Old 09-06-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
Anyway... it's distressing me because I can't pinpoint why. My husband just doesn't understand the family, how sick they actually are, and so he tries to reason different things to figure this out... but my family isn't normal, they don't think the way he does.

I guess I need to know if this is possible. Could my grandfather actually be disowning me because he can no longer criticize me? Or does he just hate me now that I'm sober? He criticized me my whole life. I figured he'd truly be happy I got sober and stayed sober.
Sorry for your pains, Jennie.

I wouldn't as yet though draw any absolute conclusions. Not saying a discussion with your grandfather would be entirely helpful, but without asking directly of him to your concerns, perhaps you can chat a bit over the phone to gain a better perspective?

I know with my own family there are distinct distances, and although there is some bridging, its always gonna be a bit off it always has been concerning family closeness.

I hope things work out quickly enough to ease things for you and your grandfather.