View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

Hi DoubleFelix,

Excellent description of your Friday night setting Anything semisweet and lukewarm and I tend to chug...especially if I am hungry. Hot tea I will sip because I really, really do not like burning my tongue. And I intentionally use a straw to drink water from a giant reusable super-sipper cup throughout the day to stay uber-hydrated. Drinking with a straw allows me to drink so much more at such a faster pace with minimal exertion (think super-sipper, chaise lounge, palm fronds and bon-bons).

See! I've contemplated my general drinking habits as well. Especially when it comes to temperature - I have big teeth (think Mr. Ed) that are sensitive (from being older, aka 'long in the tooth', and brushing too hard - don't worry you young thing getting older is great). I would bet that if you first drink a super-sipper of water, have some food in your system, and then sit back and relax with your mug of chai...chances are that you will not mindlessly chug like malt liquor.

Honestly DoubleFelix, your post sounds like a mindfulness exercise in action. Now just try to notice your scenario, sweatpants and all, beverage in hand and then let the thoughts and emotions go without judgement. It's OK if chugging is saddening. You are in the moment. Bravo

All right, I've thoroughly dissected this scenario and it is time for me to move on. Enjoy your quiet Friday evening DoubleFelix!