Old 09-05-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
matt4x4

Originally Posted by Bee02 View Post
I've been wanting to get back to aa meetings. Yes I am sober. My job requires me to get up very early in the morning. I try to go to bed at a decent time but it still takes me a while to fall asleep.But it still helps just to lay there. All the good meetings in my area start at 7:30, I know if i go i will be all wound up after the meeting and not be able to sleep. Then the next day i will be exhausted which is not good for me mentally. I just want to know if there are any early risers out there who make it to the later meetings. I don't know maybe i'm just making excuses. I know i can go on the weekends but i'm in the habit of not going. Maybe i'm just making excuses. Thanks!
Lots of 5 o'clock meetings around, Noon meetings, but yes most meetings are 7:30 or 8, used to always be 8:30, but times change, just like now we got step 11 meetings. The key to sobriety is working the 12 steps, the key is not attending meetings all the time. If you have weekends off, just do a meeting or 2 on the weekend, heck you could even just talk to your sponsor or AA friends after work, just hang out, shoot some pool, have some pizza.