Thread: The Long Road
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ccam1973

Tyler, welcome to SR and congrats on one week! You'll find great support here. I'm new to the sobriety thing as well; 60 days sober today; and as you know it does get easier with time.

I have to say even through the ups and downs of these early days, my life is SO much better without drinking. I was a heavy / daily drinker for 21 years and couldn't stop after that first drink. I would also take any pain pills I could get my hands on too; although drinking was my main passion.

You can do this. I know it is hard, but life is full of hard choices and obstacles seemingly positioned right in front of us on purpose.

The SR community is my only support group. I find it helps to be as active here as possible. When ever I am feeling tempted... I log on, when ever I can't sleep (which has been a big side effect with my sobriety so far)... I log on. You get the picture.

I read past posts when ever I can and stay tuned in as much as possible.

So sorry for the loss of your father. You can turn this corner, you have made the decision and now it's up to you to stick to it.

This community will be here to support you through this fight. we've all been exactly where you are today as far as addiction is concerned.

Best of luck! I am also a Tennessee fan, but of a different nature; Go Big Orange!