View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
drunkinnumber2

Originally Posted by Change4good View Post
Sadly, I relapsed over vacation. I went to the ER today, and they did fluids and gave me Ativan to help alleviate some the shakes.

They told me I would likely feel worse tomorrow. (Last drink was last night at 8 pm, so it will be 24 hours tonight.)

I remember feeling remarkably better on Day 2, but now am worried that I might be in trouble.

What has other people's experience been?
I've been sober since Saturday. My schedule went a little something like this;

Saturday; still a bit drunk, then into severe anxiety, nausea, shaking and lethargy

Sunday; Sweats, sweats and more sweats, depression, shaking, anxiety, cramps, upset stomach, stiffness, lethargy

Monday;day sweats gone, night sweats still awful, had to get up and change
myself/the bed/put towels down about 6 times, no anxiety, slightly less depressed nausea, cramps, itching, extreme lethargy

Tuesday; Very slight night sweats, worst migraine of my life, upset stomach a little more energy, actually managed to go out briefly, a little solemn in mood

Weds; Slight headache, renewed optimism and a sense of being "cleansed" more energy than any other day and no sweats at all

today (thurs); have just woken up with a metallic taste in my mouth, feel a little spaced, but this could be a blood sugar thing... besides that not much to report

Through all this i haven't had 1/3 of my usual appetite and have lost like 4kg, so happy days

I also drank an indecent amount of water and pretty much slept the entire time and took a whole host of vitamins, i think this helped exponentially

Long story short, I'd say 5 days or 6 for me x