View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
colagirl
getting there

AAAGGGGHHH, I get so irritated about crap like this! Related things happened to my mom when she was trying to get sober - it was like the system didn't recognize that she needed the help NOW or she was going to start drinking again and probably never ask for help again. It was maddening!

BUT, I know you can make it 3 months, you've even done much longer before. Since you aren't getting the help you really need, you just have to dig really deep and find it within yourself. You are doing all the right things in terms of counseling and trying to get other assistance in the meantime... maybe think back to the mental tricks that helped you before and apply them again. I also sometimes go back and think about my relapses and where I went wrong so I can catch it before it happens again. I know you can do it!

OK, you asked for positive things! My niece started kindergarten today... she is SO excited. Her parents are totally disorganized so it was a bit of an ordeal, but I think it's all worked out now. The best part is I get to babysit her all weekend so I can hear all about it. I am very excited!

My best friend and I went to Central Oregon for Labor Day weekend and it was really relaxing and peaceful. We swam and hiked and ate lots of good food. I'm feeling a little bit of strain in this relationship right now, so it was nice to just get away and do something fun. The main problem is that I'm pretty sure I gained five pounds!

I did fine without smoking over the weekend but then picked some up again on Monday like an idiot. Oh well, I'm just going to try again.

Oh, and I am SO SAD about Joan Rivers! I love her, she is hilarious.