Old 09-03-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
ESD907

at one time I compared my drunkard self to others. I wasn't known around town as a drunk. I never got arrested. Never had rehab. Never went to AA (only because of my own internal shame of having others see me, I'm still getting up the nerve to try it a few times, just to see what it truly is) . I have never taken any meds for anything to do with mental health. I never did a lot of the things many have. BUT, I'm no less a drunk (I prefer that word over alcoholic, but I'll use either) I was luckier, I had certain limitations (which I am thrilled to have had) otherwise, I very easily could've been a fallen down homeless drunken middle aged woman. SO I'm no better. In fact, I have the utmost respect for all of my fellow alcoholics who have come from such a place that they are now living sober and successful lives. ITS truly amazing and they inspire me to try things I was afraid to try. Just knowing there are other people who think like me, who are me with a different outside packaging is so comforting.