Old 09-03-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
it should be interesting. I was in rehab during the playoffs last year. I missed the first half of the superbowl because I went to a meeting instead. my cable is disconnected and I have no TV this year. if I want to watch a game it will be with the neighbor - they drink beer, I drink water. Should be interesting, but I know what you mean about drinking all day during football. If I survived past half time of the Sunday nite game. Most times I didn't make through the afternoon game.

Great that you are going through 3rd season. this will be my first.
Yeah LBrain, I hear you - I was in rehab over the summer a couple years ago and when I got out, football season was just beginning. I was terrified, to be honest! I actually was much less football oriented that first year. I did some traveling, soul searching, etc. However, I still found myself checking the scores every Sunday, even when I was sober and living abroad. I was actually kind of scared that I'd "lose interest" in the game - but that didn't go away.

I think that in rehab, we are often taught that our natural instincts are out of whack - in my case, I had to re-examine a lot of my perceived "likes & dislikes". I was happy to discover that things like Travel, Sports, and Science were still items of interest to me, even after getting sober.