Old 09-03-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

The NFL Season begins tomorrow...and that's okay!

I used to drink all day long on NFL Sundays, from the first game all the way to the last. Alone in my apartment or with friends, it didn't matter, I was drunk from 10am-10pm that day.

So it's no surprise that in early sobriety, I was worried about watching football again. Would I be triggered to drink? Would I enjoy the games? Heck...did I even really LIKE football?

This will be my 3rd NFL season that I will celebrate watching sober. And let me tell you, the game has only gotten better! I still watch the games (and check all my fantasy scores) throughout the day. I still enjoy some munchies at halftime.

Some of the perks: I don't have to take pee breaks every 5 minutes and miss the action. I don't PASS OUT for 3 hours and miss an entire game. I don't wake up with a terrible hangover on Monday and start work off with anxiety and depression. I don't order pizza and junk food because I'm too drunk to cook - I make my own fresh guacamole and tortillas!

So enjoy the NFL season everyone! You can do this - the game will be 10x better from a sober perspective! Trust me!