View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
MelindaFlowers

My acute withdrawal was about three days.

Whenever I think of my withdrawals, I have to explain: Day one was no different than any other day. The first day after my after my last drink was the exact same way I felt every other day at work or at home on weekends. The only difference was that I was not going to cure the hangover by drinking that night. I guess this means I had gone into daily withdrawals so my day 1 was nothing memorable, it was just the last day of feeling like I might have a heart attack at any moment.

Day two was 50 percent better than day 1. Day 3 was 25 percent better than day two. It took about six weeks to get the other 25 percent to feeling what I remember a normal person feeling like.

I drank every day, 12-14 standard units of alcohol. I probably should have had some medical assistance but I was sooooooo hungover and weak I found it pretty easy to just lie on the couch and act like I had the flu. I felt like I had a free three-day head start because I was so sick, drinking never even crossed my mind. There were times when I was aware that my blood pressue and/or pulse were high but nothing too worrisome. I feel like some sort of medication from the doctor would have helped tremendously to sleep and feel more at peace. I don't believe I was every in any sort of danger zone.

Yeah, the first three days were rough but just think, you only have to go through them once.