View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
andyroo72

Personally, I struggle a bit with pot smoking. I'm pretty intensely determined not to drink and it's not really a trigger when I do smoke. Interestingly, it's not really a trigger to smoke more either- it seems like I can enjoy it for a time and then I'm really quite thankful for the effect to end.

What is the real concern for me is how it fits in with a sort of dependency cycle (sorry, I'm making this up as I go along, so my language is maybe a bit wonky). By that I mean to what degree (if any) is my pot smoking a dependent behaviour. I've got some fairly strict rules about it. I won't let myself plan on smoking pot as if it was some kind of treat. I wont let it become a regular expense, in fact I'm pretty averse to paying for it lol. I'm really careful about spending time with regular pot smokers I know- I see that sort of dependency as being kinda contagious.

Yeah, I don't know if any of that made sense. In some ways, it'd be easier just to not smoke pot, I suppose. But I feel comfortable with where I'm at with it- sure it does take managing, but then what doesn't?