View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KidsR#1

AH starting to feel consequences...

AH stopped by while we were out to mow the lawn. So nice of him We got back just when he finished.

Then I handed him the mail, including a bill for his ambulance trip last weekend. His whole demeanor changed. Started to swear under his breath, saying 1 night ruined his whole life (his last drinking binge), and got very depressed/close to tears.

He was so caught up with this bill, it was sad. But the kids and I were unaffected, our moods didn't change. We had a great day shopping with my MIL.

All he has to do is contact them and give them his insurance info (which I am assuming was the reason for them calling home yesterday.) The bill even says that is what he has to do! Worst case, if not covered, he works out a payment plan with them I told him. This is something that I used to always take care of but this time I am going to let him do it!

He is worried about his job finding out about the ambulance bill he told me. He thought the HR person @ his job knows what is billed to the insurance. Not sure if he really thinks that or just trying to manipulate me into feeling bad and fixing everything.

He left quickly after that. Can't go home to the flea infested house til 10pm b/c of the chemicals they used today. Not sure what he'll do for the next 4 hrs, but not going to worry.

His friend said if he drinks this weekend, the bill will be the excuse he uses and I agree. He always has an excuse to drink...